- 2 fresh shad fillets, butterflied
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley, with stems, finely chopped
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 Tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small, oiled sheet pan
- 1 small mixing bowl
- Place breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and olive oil in bowl. Mix well.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil onto sheet pan.
- Place shad fillets onto sheet pan. Open both sides of the butterflied shad fillets.
- Spread a thin layer of the breadcrumb mix on the middle section of the fillet.
- Fold the outer sections to enclose the mix. Repeat for second fillet.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and place in preheated 375° F degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
SHOP FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShad Fillet
Whole Shad Fish