- 3 lbs. Boston Mackerel Fillets
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin, ginger, coriander, cayenne, paprika, sugar, salt and black pepper and stir until well blended and bubbling. Add the vinegar and stir for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat. .
- Preheat the broiler to 450º Fahrenheit.
- Place the fish, skin side down, on a greased broiler rack. Spoon half of the butter mixture over the fillets and broil 2” below the heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish, cover with the remaining butter mixture and broil for another 3 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice or a crusty bread.
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Boston Mackerel