What’s more sophisticated than caviar? This recipe for caviar and cucumber sandwiches. Start with the best ingredients – like our salmon caviar roe – then plate these sandwiches beautifully with gramming guests in mind. You’ve got yourself a holiday party with some serious swagger.
And because we don’t want you to miss the holiday party of the year (yours!), keep in mind that these one-bite appetizers fall under the “easy appetizers” category, too. You’ll save yourself cooking time and a load of dishes, which means more time to mingle with your guests and enjoy that bubbly.
- Good quality sliced white bread
- 8 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 ounces salmon roe caviar
- Green onions, chopped
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut out your shapes from the white bread. Arrange each shape on a serving platter.
- Add a spoonful of crème fraîche on top of each slice of bread.
- Slice the cucumber into ¼ inch rounds, and layer on top of each cucumber round, then garnish with a generous dollop of salmon roe.
- Before serving, garnish with fresh dill and chopped green onions.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPESalmon Roe Caviar