- Sardine Filets
- Summer Squash and Zucchini
- Fried Capers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Diced Garlic
- Heavy Cream
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pine Nuts
- Salt and Pepper
- Add butter to the pan and allow to brown. Add the pine nuts to the browned butter, once they begin to brown, add the shallots and garlic. Toss the pan to mix.
- Add lemon juice to the pan to slow down the cooking process. Then add the zucchini and summer squash followed by the cherry tomatoes. Toss the pan.
- Once it has begun to sear, add the heavy cream. Allow to reduce by half so that you are left with a sauce.
- Heat a separate pan over medium heat and drizzle with oil.
- Lightly salt the sardines, not too much as they are already very salty, and top with black pepper.
- Place the filets into the hot pan, skin side down. Be sure not to crowd the pan.
- Season your sauce with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve the pan seared sardines on a bed of vegetables with sauce. Top with grated Parmesan, fried capers and fresh parsley.
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Sardines