Shrimp for Sale: Fresh & Frozen
Reasons to Buy Shrimp All Year Long
No matter the time of year, fresh shrimp are always a tasty source of protein and a healthy addition to your diet. This seafood is versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes – some light and tangy for the warmer months and others spicy and savory, consumed as comfort food on colder days. Either way, including shrimp in your meals will introduce several irrefutable health benefits that make the fish even more enjoyable to eat on a regular basis. Enjoy the following advantages to your well-being.
- Shrimp are low in calories, carbs, and fat, making them a diet-friendly meat alternative.
- The high phosphorus content in shrimp assists in bone health and energy storage.
- This type of seafood offers great levels of iodine, making it helpful to brain and thyroid functions.
- Like most fish, shrimp are a smart choice for getting your daily vitamin B-12 intake.
- Shrimp contain astaxanthin, an antioxidant that has been shown to limit inflammation.
Types of Shrimp for Sale
Whether you are searching for large shrimp, headless options, or pre-peeled choices, we procure the very best shrimp from around the world to deliver to your door. We ensure safe practices for our farmed shrimp, and our fresh shrimp for sale is always chilled to perfection and surrounded by frozen gel packs in order to preserve its quality and taste. Our assortment includes farmed and wild, fresh and frozen, shell and no shell, headless, tailless, and several different counts. Select what best meets your needs.
What Do the Numbers Mean?
If you have been to a fish market, you might have noticed that shrimp is often sold not just by the pound, but by another number as well. This number is the count. U/12 refers to “under 12,” meaning you will receive fewer than 12 shrimp per pound. 16/20 translates to 16 to 20 shrimp per pound. Mystery solved! Now you can purchase fresh shrimp like a professional.